Thursday 29 May 2014

The Azan (speech of Tareeq Jamil)

This Ummah was given the Adzan. Whereas, in previous Ummahs, some used to ring bells, play flutes, and others used to light a fire.
Allah alloted this Ummah the Adzan. Bilal (radiallahu anhu) was the first muadzin. (atwalu a’naaqan yaumal qiyaamah) The muadzin will be standing on the highest rank.
 Umar (radhiallahu anhu) used to say, “If I wouldn’t have been the Ameerul Mumineen, I would’ve been a muadzin.”
 Once, when the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) mentioned the virtues of the Adzan, Umar (radhiallahu anhu) said, “Oh Rasulullah! It seems that we will fight over calling the Azan.” The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said, “It will not be so, Oh Umar, a time will come when people will feel ashamed to give the Azan and the inferior people will be appointed to call the Azan.”
 And it is said about our Ummah (sadaqaatuhum fee butuunihim ya’kuluunahaa) “their zakat will be eaten by them.” Our zakat is taken from the rich and given to the needy, our zakat is distrubuted amongst ourselves.
Whereas, the previous Ummah’s  zakat  used to be kept on a mountain. A fire used to come from the sky and burn it to ashes. They couldn’t give their zakat to the poor. They could only give their nafal sadqah to the poor. Their zakat was for the fire: it wasn’t for them.
 Allah has pampered this Ummah so much. Once a bedouin came to the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and said, “Oh Prophet of Allah! I am ruined” the Propet asked him, “What happened?” He said, “I coopulated my wife while fasting.” The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ordered him to free a slave. He said, “How can I afford to buy a slave, I only own self and I have no money.” So the Prophet (salllallahu alaihi wasallam) said, “Feed sixty indigent persons.” He answered, “there is no one more needy than me in Medina.” So the Prophet ordered him to fast sixty days in atonement. At this he said, “I wasn’t able to refrain myself in one fast, what will I do in sixty days?” The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) started laughing and ordered him to wait, we’ll find some way out for you.
 Just then a man came in with a basket full of dates. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) asked, “Where is that bedouin?” He said, “I’m sitting here.” The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said, “Take this and give this to the needy people of Medina in alms.” On hearing this, he exclaimed, “Oh Prophet of Allah, I swear by Allah, there is no one poorer than me in the whole of Medina, why don’t you give it to me?” The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) smiled and said, “Ok, so you take it, and this permission is for you not for anyone else,”
 Allah has pampered this Ummah to this extent. That bedouin commited a sin and he’s eating the penalty himself.
 Whosever is doing a great work, his faults are not taken notice of. If someone is labouring for me, and he makes a mistake, I will bear it. Because he is working for me I wouldn’t pay much heed.
 Allah has employed us for a great work, pass on My kalimah, publicize My message. And it is on this work Allah that gives us the reward. The Sahaaba (radhiallahu anhu) have sacrificed themselves and made every effort for the sake of propagating this message.
when i was 12 my younger brother of my grandpa,he made me give azan after seeing me regulars to prayers, after that my interest in islam grew with no bounds.
later to learn proper azan i travelled so much i dont want to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment